Saturday, February 11, 2012

The one word you never say to a goalie.

Tonight I played a hockey game.  I was the starting goalie. The game was going pretty good.  Our team was up 3-0 after the second period.  During the intermission as we were about to head out for the 3rd my defenseman tapped me on the pads, gave me a fist pump, and said keep that shutout going.  For time sake the game ended and we won 4-2.  I gave up 1 goal, and one goal was an own goal as it went in when I was pulled for an extra attacker on a delayed penalty.  I'm happy we won. But this bugs me, the guy said the word shutout. Now I'll admit it, goalies are mentally different and even a little bit wierd, but you never say the word shutout during a game when your goalie has a shutout going.  Don't say that word to the goalie, don't say that to the players on the bench, don't even think it.  Just play the god damn game.  Again, don't say the word shutout while your goalie has a shutout going.

No comments:

Post a Comment